- MO |
- Jobs |
- KC Maintenance Toolmaker
KC Maintenance Toolmaker
Kansas City64105MOUSKansas City, MO
Auto req ID: 4981BR
Title: KC Maintenance Toolmaker
Job Function: Manufacturing Operations
State and City: Missouri, Kansas City
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 3
Ensures that process tooling, fixtures, dies and gages are production ready by:
1. Doing highly diversified and intricate work on very complicated tools and or dies as well as the more routine work.
2. Sketching and developing CAD drawings when necessary.
3. Developing and constructing a variety of highly intricate tools, dies, fixtures and gages to extremely close tolerances from Blueprints and sketches.
4. Performing difficult development work and tool room machine operations.
5. Doing skilled fitting, timing and adjustments.
6. Determining metal flow in dies utilizing state of art systems such as circle grid analysis.
7. Selecting allowances for forming and sizing.
8. Setting up and operating complex and standard machine tools such as CNC equipment, Wire EDM equipment, Coordinate Measuring Machines, lathes, jig bores, all types of grinders and mills in the manufacture of tools, dies, jigs, templates, fixtures, gages and experimental parts of models of any complexity.
9. Providing input into tool design and development.
10. Reviewing tool and die designs from suppliers
11. Altering existing tools, dies, jigs, fixtures, and gages to prepare them for other uses.
12. Performing heat treating functions as required.
13. Trouble shooting and repairing dies in the process area to ensure production readiness
14. Operating overhead cranes, presses, die separator manipulator and laser.
Maintains Records and Reports by:
1. Recording and charting quality, productivity and any related group scorecard measures.
Ensures Safe Work Environment by:
1. Adhering to housekeeping guidelines in entire rotation group area.
2. Enforcing all Company safety policies and/or rules and those unique to the rotation group.
3. Attending and participating in all safety training required in the rotation group.
4. Performing safety inspection on a daily basis (lights, horns, tires, fluid levels, emergency stops electrical wires, machine guards, etc.).
Contributes to group effort by:
1. Training and familiarizing rotation group members with rotation group processes.
2. Working with rotation groups, department areas, committees and/or other stakeholders to resolve tool, material, equipment or process problems.
3. Participating in rotation group processes and structure as defined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and its appendices (ie: production schedules, factory objectives, budgets, etc.)
4. Participating in developing, following and continuously improving operations and processes (ie: work instructions, process sheets, etc.).
5. Performing routine material handling associated with the job.
6. Utilizing, monitoring and performing preventative maintenance activities.
7. Using appropriate tools such as hand, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic or precision.
8. Ordering and stocking all necessary materials and supplies as needed.
9. Assisting other members of your rotation group as needed.
10. Participating in training.
11. Participating in area work group and plant wide groups.
Supports Continuous Improvement by:
1. Maintaining and developing knowledge, skills, communications and abilities to effectively perform roles and responsibilities within the rotation group.
2. Participating as needed in department or plant wide committees.
Supports Quality by:
1. Ensuring overall product and process capability.
2. Ensuring updated process sheets and work instructions for ISO.
The successful candidate must have a high school diploma or GED.
The individual must have a state approved Journeyman’s Tool and Die Maker Card or eight (8) years related experience. The experience must include four (4) years of designing, building, repairing, maintaining and sharpening production stamping dies; and, three (3) years of troubleshooting and maintaining deep draw tooling. The individual must successfully pass the skills assessment tests.
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0-10%