Candidate must have Landfill experience. Experience working with Coal Ash is a plus. PE is preferred.
This position is responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, and managing onsite construction engineering activities for large, extensive projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Track project quantities
• Generate project billing
• Initiate and negotiate change orders
• Generate CAD drawings and present solutions to owners for design problems that arise in the field
• Review plan changes
• Assist with work plans
• Assist with project schedules
• Manage submittal data
• Manage material purchase orders
• Manage and negotiate subcontracts
• Assist in division field personnel management
• Assist field personnel in any capacity to handle any problems that may arise
• Work with Project Superintendents, Foreman, and Crews to perform work more effectively
• Attend pre-construction meetings
Project Engineers may supervise up to five employees and supervise field crews and subcontractors in the absence of the supervisor/foreman.
• Must be willing to relocate.
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong work ethic
• Able to multitask and work independently under pressure and tight deadlines
Education and Experience:
• Four year engineering degree or equivalent technical training and related experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines
• Registration as a Professional Engineer is valuable